My 1962 Project Car
Front view

Rear view showing afterburner style taillights. This bullet like styling earned this era of Thunderbirds the "Bullet Birds"
Rear view

A closer view of the taillight detail.
Taillight

The interior is Chestnut Metallic Leather Code #89. Most buyers opted for the cheaper vinyl making this car a bit rarer. The carpet has been changed to an incorrect red. When I redo the interior, the correct chestnut carpet will replace it. Optional interior items include power windows, and a power driver's seat as well as air conditioning, making this almost fully loaded with options.
Interior

The backseat. I added the seat belts. That is one option the original buyer didn't opt for. They cost an addition $12 in 1962. Safety wasn't a priority then.
Backseat

Photo of the instrument cluster. The car was equipped with an optional AM radio. I have a replacement AM/FM/Cassette/MP3 radio to replace it. Notice the air conditioner vent in the center of the console.
Driver dash

The interior is full of ribbed anodized aluminum. This is a view of the passenger's side dash with Thunderbird emblem.

Passenger dash

The engine compartment houses a 390 cubic inch V-8 with a four-barrel carburetor rated at 300HP. Power steering, power brakes, and automatic transmission were standard on all 1961-1963 Thunderbirds. I have pulled out and painted many of the under hood items to their correct color. This will all have to be removed again when I get around to painting it. The air conditioner compressor, which goes on the right, has been removed for now while I work under the hood.
Engine

The enormous hood has a functional hood scoop that runs almost the length of the entire hood.
Hood scoop